Welcome to Onsted High School!
It is our desire to prepare students for life in the 21st century…whatever that looks like 5, 10, 20 years into the future. We will do everything possible to see that each individual is prepared to succeed in the area best suited to his/her needs. We appreciate the dedication of the school staff and members of the community as each contributes to the overall success of our students.
We believe that…
- Well-kept facilities foster a productive learning environment
- Students learn best in an environment appropriate to their development
- Students must develop a good work ethic
- Communication is the key to an effective learning experience
- Success depends on staff working together as a team to build a strong foundation
- It is important to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity
- Students need a wide variety of learning opportunities and organizational/social skills to reach their full potential
- The home, community, businesses and school should form a collaborative partnership
- Students learn best when they feel good about themselves and their accomplishments
- Education is essential in developing critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The school should provide a safe environment conducive to learning
- The school should provide continuous staff development
- Caring, competent and informed staff is essential for learning
- Learning is a lifelong process for students, staff and community
- All students are able to learn
- The school must provide all students with a technologically proficient staff
- Learning should be meaningful and enjoyable
- Our schools have a responsibility to educate students to become contributing adults in a global society
- Onsted Schools will promote the values of integrity, responsibility, loyalty, respect, dedication and pride
- Every person has worth and is entitled to be treated with respect
- Community and parental involvement enhance education
- Good education requires personal investment and discipline
2017-2018 2nd Semester Exam Schedule
Day 1 (June 6th)
½ Day Schedule (periods 1,2,3,5,6,7,4)
A Lunch: 10:45 – 11:15
B Lunch: 11:15 – 11:45
11:50 - 1:20 6th Hour exam
1:30 -3:00 7th Hour exam
*AM Tech Center bus will leave at 8:30 a.m. Students will be released from Tech Center at 10:55 and bus will leave at 11:00 to return to HS in time for B Lunch at 11:20.
*PM Tech Center bus will leave at 11:45.
Day 2 (June 7th)
8:00 – 8:20 1st Hour
8:25 – 8:45 2nd Hour
8:50 - 10:20 3rd Hour exam
10:20 – 10:50 A Lunch/4th Hour B Class
10:50 – 11:20 B Lunch/4th Hour A Class
11:25 – 11:45 5th Hour
11:50 - 1:20 4th Hour Exam
1:30 - 3:00 5th Hour Exam
**AM Tech Center students will leave at 8:25 a.m. Students released from Tech Center at 11:30, bus will leave at 11:35 and return to HS. AM Tech students eat lunch 12:00 – 12:25 p.m. (keep kitchen open). AM Tech students will report to the library for the remainder of 4th hour exam period.
**PM Tech Center students will remain here all day (can leave after 4th hour exam with parent permission)
Day 3 (June 8th) Half Day
8:00 -9:30 1st Hour exam
9:40 - 11:10 2nd Hour Exam
**Tech Center students will NOT be sent to the Tech Center
**AM Tech Center students will have 1st hour exams and may leave after with parent permission. If not leaving report to the guidance office.
**PM Tech Center students will take exams.
The office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day during the school year except for school holidays.
For information on enrolling a student at the high school, please contact the Guidance Office at 517-467-2173.