Welcome to Onsted High School.
It is our desire to prepare students for life in the 21st century…whatever that looks like 5, 10, 20 years into the future. We will do everything possible to see that each individual is prepared to succeed in the area best suited to his/her needs. We appreciate the dedication of the school staff and members of the community as each contributes to the overall success of our students.
We believe that…
- Well-kept facilities foster a productive learning environment
- Students learn best in an environment appropriate to their development
- Students must develop a good work ethic
- Communication is the key to an effective learning experience
- Success depends on staff working together as a team to build a strong foundation
- It is important to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity
- Students need a wide variety of learning opportunities and organizational/social skills to reach their full potential
- The home, community, businesses and school should form a collaborative partnership
- Students learn best when they feel good about themselves and their accomplishments
- Education is essential in developing critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The school should provide a safe environment conducive to learning
- The school should provide continuous staff development
- Caring, competent and informed staff is essential for learning
- Learning is a lifelong process for students, staff and community
- All students are able to learn
- The school must provide all students with a technologically proficient staff
- Learning should be meaningful and enjoyable
- Our schools have a responsibility to educate students to become contributing adults in a global society
- Onsted Schools will promote the values of integrity, responsibility, loyalty, respect, dedication and pride
- Every person has worth and is entitled to be treated with respect
- Community and parental involvement enhance education
- Good education requires personal investment and discipline
The office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day during the school year except for school holidays.
For information on enrolling a student at the high school, please contact the Guidance Office at 517-467-2173.