Welcome to Onsted High School!
We are committed to providing our students with all the necessary skills and experiences to be successful in today's world. We strive to create a learning community that results in graduate reflections filled with valuable, meaningful experiences. Through a strong academic program and our many extra curricular activities, as well as a dedicated staff developing important relationships with students, we are confident that when a student from Onsted High School earns their diploma they are prepared as lifelong learners to be successful both professionally and personally.
Mr. Tim Comden
Onsted High School Principal
We believe that…
- Well-kept facilities foster a productive learning environment
- Students learn best in an environment appropriate to their development
- Students must develop a good work ethic
- Communication is the key to an effective learning experience
- Success depends on staff working together as a team to build a strong foundation
- It is important to recognize and appreciate cultural diversity
- Students need a wide variety of learning opportunities and organizational/social skills to reach their full potential
- The home, community, businesses and school should form a collaborative partnership
- Students learn best when they feel good about themselves and their accomplishments
- Education is essential in developing critical thinking and problem solving skills
- The school should provide a safe environment conducive to learning
- The school should provide continuous staff development
- Caring, competent and informed staff is essential for learning
- Learning is a lifelong process for students, staff and community
- All students are able to learn
- The school must provide all students with a technologically proficient staff
- Learning should be meaningful and enjoyable
- Our schools have a responsibility to educate students to become contributing adults in a global society
- Onsted Schools will promote the values of integrity, responsibility, loyalty, respect, dedication and pride
- Every person has worth and is entitled to be treated with respect
- Community and parental involvement enhance education
- Good education requires personal investment and discipline
The office is open from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. each day during the school year except for school holidays.
For information on enrolling a student at the high school, please contact the Guidance Office at 517-467-2173.